Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A New Day

“Everyone in the van!” shouted Mom.

Shoot! This is the day…my first day of school. What if people don’t like me? What if I make know friends? My heart is pounding, it’s shaking my whole body. I can’t do this…I just can’t. But I have to! My mom isn’t going to home-school anymore, besides I don’t even want to. It was good while it lasted, but now…I just don’t have any perseverance. I was the one that decided to go to school…so now I have to force myself to do it, I just have to. Then again I am excited because I get my own locker…and I have never had one before in my life! That’s all I am really looking forward too though. Hey, there’s the school! This is only my second time coming here, once in June and now.

“We’re here!” exclaimed Mom. “I hope you all have a great day!”

This is truly happening! There is no one here…at least I can’t see anyone. Wait I know that person…I think that her name is Amber! Wow I actually know someone! Now for my locker…I can’t even fit everything in it…maybe I shouldn’t have brought so much stuff to school.

BEEP!!!

What was that? The buzzer? It must be…wow I’m actually going to start my first class ever! Wait! Someone just said go to the gym! The gym? I know where that is! I’m standing with some people…are they in my class? Oh well, I guess I shall find out later…I hope!

***********

“We have a new student in our class,” proclaimed Mr. Brunsveld. “Chris Merkus.”

What are people going to think of me? They are all saying their names, but I won’t remember any of them…there’s almost 30 people here…how am I supposed to remember all their names?

“Hi,” I managed to struggle out in a coarse voice trying to sound manly.

“Are you good at soccer?” Marten asked.

“I’m about average” I responded with enthusiasm that I was making some new friends!

***********

“How was your day?” asked Mom.

“Great!” I lied. “I even made some new friends!”

Today was horrible, I couldn’t even act myself! I felt as if I had to put on a different face, just to get people to like me. I’m pretty sure that I only said three words the whole day. Tomorrow I am sure will be better, it has to be better.

3 comments:

  1. you dont know me but i found ur blog on est's blog and decided to read it just for something to do. going to new schools is hard at first eh? i know after i left rcs and went to highland.. well the first day was rather nerve-racking. in fact, the first week or so was. but after that it gets normal and then its all good :) sides, they're good people there at rcs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure my thoughts would have been very similar to yours had I gone through that. But then, I've gone through it in other things I suppose, but never for school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I counted four words. "Hi" and "I'm about average"..

    ReplyDelete