Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Forgotten Road Sign

This is actually a real story...this sign is located on my road, and every winter the sign gets smashed up! Please let me know how you like this!!

They smash me into the fresh dirt,
I’m there to direct people,
Tell drivers that the road ends,
Caution them not to come forward.

Nails pierce into my body.
Signs cover my naked splinters.
They take me for granted.
If I were not there, they would not know.

Sprinkled with snow,
Salt making my presence look dirty,
The cars can’t stop
And I fall down, crushed under the car.

Too many times have I been hurt.
Now I’m alone,
Barely visible from the road,
They might miss me now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the only one to post a comment on here!!

    K, this is weirdly really cool. I like it :D
    Its about a sign.. but.. its really good. ha

    ReplyDelete