Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Does Anyone Hear Me?

Hey everyone,
So this is another one of my writing pieces for writers craft!!! Let me know what you think about this and please critique it!! Enjoy!

Doesn’t anyone understand? Why does it seem that everyone hates me? Even my girlfriend has left me…I have no one left. All because of the accident which wasn’t even my fault. He was the one that was drunk, not me…but no one seems to get it.

“Did I ever tell you how much I l…”

“Drew watch out!!” Susan shouted.

SMASH

Those seconds felt like hours. No one likes me, no one! I’m sure no one will care if I just disappear. Not a single person will know. Everyone just huddles in their little cliques and talk about me killing the ‘popular guy’ in school, the guy who all the girls liked, the guy who was good at sports, the guy that pretty much dominated everything. Everyone thinks that I ran into him on purpose and that I could have avoided the accident, but it’s not true. Can’t people just understand what happened, they have to understand, they just have to. Do they not know that I am still human? They just don’t care, they hate me. “Look at him, he’s not even sorry about the accident, he just walks around like nothing has happened.” Or even worse, they tell me that I have to apologize to everyone, even though It wasn’t my fault, but no one will believe that! I’m barely breathing, with a broken heart that’s still beating, part of me tells me that I have to hold on and the other to let go. Even my dad seems to say that it was all my fault he tells me that I have to be more normal, I try to please him, but I just can’t. Why should he care he doesn’t even live with me and mom anyways. Why doesn’t he just clear out all his stuff from the house, I’m sick of seeing it. He hates me just like…

“Drew, we have to go!”

The funeral home no doubt people will look at me and the parents will say that if it hadn’t been for me he would have still been here, but it wasn’t my fault. Should I just end it here? Should I just give up?

“Drew, let’s go!”

Should I just say that I’m sick? Or should I just go and show my respects? How could this happen to me? I’m sick of this life…I just want to scream and let out all my frustrations but I can’t, not yet, not ever.

“Drew are you in there?”

I’m glad that someone’s loves me. I can always count on my mom to be there when I need her. I’m glad that she cares about me. I still want friends though; maybe I’m just destined to be a loner? I can’t do this anymore, no more.

“Ya…what do you want?”

“What’s wrong honey? You don’t look good at all. Have you been crying?”

What should I say? Should I lie? She might notice that I’m actually falling away from this world, from her.

“No mom, I’m not feeling sick…I just want to stay home.”

**********************************
...to be continued tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. I like how you write things with the characters' thoughts, and that the thoughts are deep and real, not fake and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like it alot :)
    it seems so real.
    and i totally agree with carol-lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is good!
    I like the "I'm barely breathing with a broken heart thats still beating"
    (I just sang that part.)

    ReplyDelete