Friday, March 20, 2009

So Much Choice

So I went to Redeemer today and it was a really rewarding experience!!! I learned a lot of stuff about the Bachelor of Education program that I didn't know before...one was that there is really no job openings for when I graduate so that kinda burst my bubble...so I am sure going to step up my volunteering with young kids..i.e. helping teach a class, soccer coach, etc...in this way the teachers at Redeemer will give me a good report for when I am looking for a job..plus I will have a lot of good references!!

Now I'm faced with the dilemma about whether or not to live on campus...sure it would be fun but it is expensive!! They really recommended it...a lot!! I went there telling myself that I wasn't going to live on campus and I came back wanting too AGAIN!!!

I am 99.9% sure that I want to go to Redeemer...just the way in which people act there and they are all really nice...plus i sat in on a class and it was sooo personal. The teacher actually knew her students names!!!

Ha ha...and today I watched some students get their heads shaved...this included a girl!! They shaved their heads because they had raised a lot of money for warchild (I believe that is what it was called)...there is just so much info to take in on one day!!!

Of course the day was ended by going to Timmie's and winning a free coffee....WHAT A TRULY AMAZING DAY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Chris, you write in the most interesting way ever. You make my day!

    Glad Redeemer still sounds good. Yeah, I've experienced their friendliness when I've visited there too. Did you see Ryan and Ben?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only saw ben but I didn't see Ryan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea with the volunteering! as for living on campus, i would say don't do it... i know it would be fun in a sense, but ya, that's a lot of money that you could use towards tuition instead, especially with the economy the way it is... you don't want to graduate with tons of debt like i will be doing :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the advice....but i really want to live on campus and I am kinda feeling that if i don't then i'm going to regret it...

    ReplyDelete