Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Earth Day

So it was earth day on Saturday and I did my part!!! Yes I was out there on the streets of Hamilton cleaning up garbage, for almost two hours. Unfortunately I did not know that it was earth day so I did not get to participate in turning out the lights for an hour. Now this made me mad cause I would totally do it, like we all need to do our part...we are not supposed to ruin God's world that He has created for us to live in. We should therefore show our appreciation for this world by doing what is right!

6 comments:

  1. wow, someone who thinks like me.
    everyone i was with on saturday night during the "earth hour" thought it was a really lame idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a lame idea :P. Read my post on why i think it is a basically useeless thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well every little bit counts...and it just gets the word out to tell people that they may not need to use electricity at that point of time...it also tells them that they do not need to use excess energy..sure we don't save much energy but it is toally awsome thing to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know that all this stuff about saving energy... well humans only make up <1% of the actual problem... the rest is natural.
    that's the general rumour anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I just google 'earth hour' and 'earth day'. Earth hour was indeed on Saturday and we missed it. BUT, Earth DAY is actually on April 22nd. Confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. since you missed it.. I give you permission to turn all your lights out for an hour tomorrow. k?

    maybe I will too.
    But I'll probably forget.. (sorry!! haha)

    ReplyDelete